Here goes, my first blog post from 10 months ago:
Why I run
I’ve been running pretty much since I can remember. I remember running on the track team in grade school and how my lungs would ache on those chilly mornings in West Virginia. I remember the sheer thrill I would feel as a kid when running with our dog through our neighborhood and how happy our dog looked. I remember running to stave off the freshmen 15 in college. Then I remember getting shin splints during one run in college and almost crawling back to my apartment, followed by the agonizing pain I felt when all of my leg muscles seized up in the shower. I decided to take some time off running at that point and I did not run again for about four or five years. Then I realized how much I missed running and I decided to train for my very first 5k. The race I chose was on the 4th of July in North Carolina. Being young and naive, I didn’t even think twice about running through the heat and humidity that envelopes the North Carolina summers. Fortunately, the race was in the evening, but I remember it was still extremely hot and humid even after the sun had gone down. It was during that summer that I remembered why I run. It’s not to stay in shape or lose weight. It’s not so I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight. When I run, I feel free. I feel alive. Sure, there are times when it’s painful and not much fun, but I know when I’ve finished a run, I will feel satisfied that I’ve put my all into that run and I have done my best. I run because I love it, quite simply.
Now for my nominees (who do not have to participate so please don’t feel obligated):
Run Away With Me (What a journey you’ve had!)
Slacker Runner (Holy cow- you’ve been blogging for a long time! What an accomplishment!)
If I Just Breathe (Mission accomplished for your goals on this post, I’d say!)
Dream Trip 2016 site (I was intrigued by your first post)
Running the States (We have similar interests and goals in mind)
Remember, this is not an award, but a challenge.
But first, here are the rules:
- No cheating. (It must be your first post. Not your second post, not one you love…first post only.)
- Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
- Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine but NO editing.)
- Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
- Tag five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
- Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post. Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Include “the rules” in your post.